Thursday, October 4, 2007

My Chess Piece


This is a photo of a picture of a chess piece that I have been working on in my CyberARTS class at LCI. I used many varieties of line in my picture. Using different techniques of line I tried to create the feeling of movement and rhythm so that the reader's eyes follow, allowing them to see every part of the picture. To do this, I used many different types of line including: short lines, long lines, dark lines, light lines, thick lines, thin lines, curvy lines, wavy lines, rounded lines, straight lines etc. The way I achieved this is by using my three different art pencils, my HB my 2B and my 6B. To get the thick darkest lines I used my 6B pencil, but to get the thin light lines I used my HB.
To get the different shades I used almost the same idea. My darkest pencil was used for the darker shades and my lightest pencil was used for the lighter shades. I tried to shade darker around lighter parts of the chess piece so that it would stand out and not sink into the background.
The parts where the light hit the chess piece are the lightest of the picture (almost completely white) and the parts where no light at all hits the chess piece are the darkest of the picture.
My background has many little eye catching designs but my main focal point is the chess piece...ENJOY :)

2 comments:

Trisha-Anne said...

You did a really good job on this!!

SPC M. Angseth said...

That’s a cool looking chess piece. My name is Brandon and I am from the first year cyber arts class, I’m the one normally holding door. Anyway that chess piece looks fantastic. With all that detail, how long did it take? I know I can’t draw like that, but don’t get to cocky, I’m no were near the best artist in the first year. I also enjoyed the story of Bill, it was funny. Anyway, I think I’ll go comment on other cyber student’s blogs, so Bye.